Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fourteenth on a Tenth

The irony of it is that it all happened in the Valentine month 14 years ago. The consequences of that is yours to bear because only you can bear it...What diference does it make? The sun came up this morning, you got to hug your child, layout breakfast on the table and do whatever it is you need to do.

And then there’s the dream of a time machine that could take you back to the point from where you would change things…

But, the bottomline: “No longer mad like a horse, I’m still wild but not lost, from the thing that I’ve chosen to be......Whatever it may bring I will live by my own policies. I will sleep with a clear conscience. I will sleep in peace”.*

So it’s a celebratory stride with a smile, through a day that would-have-been, could-have-been, but wasn’t an anniversary with:
Something old, something new,
Something black, something blue,
And…deadly, pointy, high-heeled boots.

*Sinead O Connor

No comments: