Thursday, April 19, 2007

Who me? Cry?

When there is life waiting to happen right outside my door? No way!
When the sun comes up brighter than every day?

When God leaves a rainbow in the sky for me?
When my fantastically funny friends drop in for tea?
No way would I cry—not me!

It’s funny this business of getting hurt, I say.
You can cry and cry, but you can't wash it away.

It’s laughing about it that actually heals,
And knowing that life is a road full of banana peels.
(Take my advice: you can dodge them if you wear boots with high heels ;-)).

Look ahead; arm yourself with a smile, and Dr Seuss’s prose
Be with people you can learn and laugh with and your confidence grows.

Remember not to think into every little thing,
Or those keep-u-up all-night demons from nowhere will spring,
Just get rid of each grouse, one by one, and don’t let them cling.

From time to time a bit of sadness may creep,
But I wouldn’t make it a reason to weep.

I’d watch Mr. Humphries or the Pink Panther bumbling around
I’d get a great hairstyle and turn up the stereo sound.
I’d listen to my heart and keep my feet on the ground

I’d make sure for crying that I have neither reason nor rhyme.
Who me? Cry? I simply don’t have the time!

2 comments:

DB said...

Well written and very meaningful...

Unknown said...

True, especially for for people who are not worth crying for !